Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Family Celebration ^-^

My family planned and organized an intimate renewal of vows at my parents house held on August 29, 2010 on a Sunday at the terrace of my parents' home. It was also a perfect time to celebrate the 56th birthday of my dearest father.

My Auntie and I talked about this event a lot since January this year when my Papa was confined for several months due to complications of his diabetes. But everything was organized about a month before the event. The wedding was held at my parents' home to prevent unnecessary stress on my father at the same time to cut costs. We were on a tight budget due to the bills incurred from hospitalization, medicines plus dialysis of my father.

Sharing our "kwento" on how we organized the wedding and birthday event:

Theme and motif
Theme: Garden wedding
Motif: Fuschia

Officiating Priest
My father had a priest in mind months before the event. A foreign healing priest at the hospital where he was admitted. He's originally from Nigeria but amazingly he speaks our native dialect fluently. He promised my father that he will officiate the wedding. He had a car so we did not have to worry on his travel to the venue. On the day of the wedding, he was late for almost an hour since he got lost. But then the wedding definietly turned out great. He delivered a touching homily and we laugh eveythine he says "Ang amigo ko, na gwapo, si Ramon" (hehehe) By the way, my father's name is Ramon.

Decor
My Auntie's hubby brought a tarpaulin that we used as a backdrop. We decorated the place with balloons (pink and white). My parents had an L-shaped table in their kitchen that we used as the buffet table. My Aunt just covered it with white linen and use pink for the skirting. We borrowed a tent from a neighbor. Rented tables and chairs. Then placed tealight candles with rose petals as centerpieces.
For the altar, we used a white linen and a golden runner. We then placed two glass candles and a cross.

Food
We hired a cook instead of acquiring catering services. We computed for the costs and it was way cheaper if we just get a cook.

Lechon - provided by my cousin
Goat adobo (yumyum)
Goat meat curry - the goat meat was provided by my Kuya
Papaitan
Pina Rice
Fish with white sauce
Fried Chicken
Spaghetti
Cupcakes: Labor of love; baked by my Aunt and decorated by my sis-in-law and pamangkins
Chocolate Cake: bought in Cebu
Chocoate fountain: DIY

Drinks: Wines provided by my ninong; provided 8oz softdrinks

Photographers
Labor of love by my Auntie's hubby and my dearest hubby ^-^

Videographer
Labor of love by my sis in law

Men's attire
Barongs were bought in divisoria for Php300 each. Groom's barong cost at Php2500.

Women's attire
For the women in the family, we bought ready made dresses at Tutuban Mall.

Bride's attire:
Bought fabric and had it sewn at a local seamstress. My Aunt just got my Mom's measurements. Buti nalang walang problema sa fitting.

Girl's attire:
Bought fabric in Tutuban and had it sewn at a local seamstress.

Flowers
Ordered a bouquet worth php500 (imported roses) and long stem red roses for the altar flowers.

Mass offering
Mass wine, host, fruits, etc.

Choir
We requested our community choir to sang at my parents wedding. Game naman sila since kilala naman nila family namin.

Make-up and hair stylist
My aunt and me hehehe

Wedding Rings
Gift from my Aunt

Ring Pillow
Our own pillow from our wedding ^-^

Other DIY
I copied from the net a program for the renewal of vows. I also designed and printed a certificate for the renewal of vows.

My pamangkins showcased their talents after dinner... It was a wonderful celebration. Napaiyak si papa sa homily ni father at kahit sobrang bumuhos ulan during the ceremony proper it went well as planned. The happy faces of our parents were priceless... Kudos also sa Auntie ko na all-around from baking, decorating lahat yata na career na niya hahaha  

Kuya Dennis sumakit lalaluman sa pag ihip
Mass offering (Fruits, Mass wine, host, etc.)







0 comments: