Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nursing and travelling with a 6 month old baby

My baby's first time to travel ^_^ Me and my hubby were super duper excited foe her. Though it was only an hour flight to our province and then land travel by bus for 1.5 hours we were excited for her. Ganun talaga siguro pag first-time parents.

I just want to share our experience on travelling with our 6 month old baby girl ^-^

I have been breastfeeding my baby exclusively for almost 2 months (note that I fed her solids when she was 4 months around 2 weeks only), so I just feed her whenever she's hungry and just have a shawl ready that I use as a nursing cover.

For our trip, my baby wore pink shorts and a shirt. Since we took the fist flight @ 4:30am, my baby also wore a baby jacket, a cap, and leg warmers. In our hand carried bag the essentials I think were: an absorbent towel, extra shirt and shorts, diapers, baby wipes, alcohol, blanket and a changing mat plus her fave toys. I also put in my baby's bag my kikay kit hehehe (para naman looking fresh lagi si mommy).

What I forgot to bring which would have been very handy was a baby carrier/sling and a rocker so that I do not have to carry her all the time at our destination.

The changing mat and blanket were very useful because I can just put my baby anywhere when she's asleep. Just make sure you are at her side so that she won't fall.

For the mommies, I find that a sturdy sling bag is very useful when travelling with your baby. Choose a bag that you can easily accessed with one hand your ID, money and tickets. I even knot my shawl on my bag so that I can just easily get it whenever my baby is hungry.

For breastfeeding moms, make sure you wear clothes that are easily accessible. I do not have nursing tops but I just make sure that I wear tops that I can easily open. I think you should bring extra breast pads, lampin, and padded nursing bras (for leakage).



Don't worry, I use my other hand to support her... the minute she woke up, syempre carry agad.
On the plane

while waiting for our flight
On the bus, si daddy talaga...

0 comments: