Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Rash-free Bottom

Three weeks ago, I was aghast to see an angry looking rash on my baby's bottom. It was red all over and there were tiny red bumps on her front and back. This was partly my fault because I did not follow the pedia's advise to use on my baby a lampin during the day and diapers at night... bad bad mommy. To all parents out there, just admit it, its so much easier to just use diapers 24/7.

Anyway, I immediately used ordinary lampin or plain white shorts on my baby during the day. I just wash her bottom with tao water whenever she's wet or after she poops. Then I make sure her botom is dry before applying  an ointment rash... ( I used calmoseptine oitment, available in sachet at php40/pc in mercury drugstore). Then late afternoon and during the night, my baby wears diapers. I just make sure that whenever she pees or poops, I change her diaper right away or else the rash worsens.

In just one week, I have seen a big difference... no more rash. I just instucted the yaya to continue using lampin or plain shorts during the day to keep my baby's bottom rash-free.

Though it would be messy sometimes, using lampin not only kept my baby's bottom rash-free but also lighten our expense on diapers.

0 comments: