Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pregnancy Journal

July 16, 2009


July 16, 2009


I had my first transvaginal ultrasound. We saw my baby’s heartbeat. Everything seems to be normal except for my polycystic ovaries. As expected, my right ovary was polycystic. My OB said that my left ovary has a physiologic cyst but this might be where the fertilized egg came from... This is a miracle. After many years of waiting I’m finally pregnant. I can see the tiny heartbeat of my baby on the monitor.
My husband was there and as always was very much excited.
I’m now 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant… Deliriously happy


July 28, 2009

I had slight brown spotting when I wiped down there. I panic. I don’t know what to do. I spoked to one of my officemate Ate Belle regarding my dilemma; she said that I should call my OB right away. And so, I did. I was alarmed that my OB said that I might be having threatened abortion and that I should see her that day. My knees weakened after hearing what she said. I went to talk to Ate Inna who was with Vincent at that time. I was telling them what happened when I can’t help myself but cry in front of them. I was scared. They helped me call a taxi and that I should go to the doctor right away. I called my hubby and he was so supportive. We agreed to meet at the hospital… the OB advised that I should have a complete bed rest for 7 days, she also prescribed Duvadinal to be taken thrice a day.

July 30, 2009

Pregnancy Symptoms
• Bitter taste
• Light headedness
• Frequent Urination
• Vomiting
• Breast tenderness
• Darkening of Areolas


August 6, 2009

The OB tested if my baby’s heartbeat can already be heard using the Fetal Doppler. I was a bit nervous because she took a while in trying to check the baby’s heartbeat and all I can hear was the whooshing sound and according to her it was the sound of my blood vessel. She said that the baby’s heartbeat may not yet be detected by the Doppler at this point. I was scheduled for an ultrasound by September 3, 2009.


August 15, 2009
10:35pm

I’m 12 weeks (3 months) pregnant. I just vomited my dinner three hours ago. I hate the feeling. I could still taste the bitterness in my mouth even though I already brushed my teeth and used mouth wash.

What did I eat today? Hmmm… I drank milk, then for breakfast I had a piece of luncheon meat and half rice… for lunch, I ate “tinolang manok” with malunggay… Well, I know I shoudn’t eat chips, but I ate just one pack before the exam and then I had a cup of vanilla icecream around 4:30pm then for dinner at 7pm, I ate a portion of bangus in tausi sauce and another whole piece of the luncheon meat.

Hmmm… I guess, I should remove icecream and chips from my diet. I already made sure that I ate less rice because of my doctors’ advice. I gained too much weight I guess in just a few weeks. I should watch my diet more.

What else happened today? Ahem! I also had my midterm exam in Financial Management. I think my brain wasn’t functioning properly. I wasn’t able to study the night before because I preferred sleeping. I’m such a lazy pregnant woman. Oh well, maybe, I’m just making up excuses because of my hormonal upsurge hehehe



August 18, 2009
8:32 pm

I read an article today that my precious baby can already hear as early as four weeks. I’m excited to buy or maybe download classical music for my baby. Maybe read aloud a book for my baby.

No vomiting today. Yey! I was tempted to eat two small chunks of Tobleron after dinner. I don’t feel bloated at all tonight. I just felt depressed because of my acne, I think it has worsen. I can’t help picking on my pimples and blackheads. Sigh! The main culprit is what they call “Hormonal Imbalance".


September 1, 2009
8:30pm

Still experiencing vomiting … right now I’m having a terrible headache. I’m supposed to do a write-up but I just can’t concentrate because of my headache. Also, I know it’s not good to pick on your skin but I just can’t help it. My skin is terrible I have so many pimples, blackheads, nodules… It seems that my skin problem is getting worse each day. Every time I pop a pimple or a blackhead it just keeps on appearing. I washed my face with a mild soap. It’s not working. Based on my reading this phase usually subsides after the first three months. I hope my skin clears up soon. Oh well… gotta to rest for now.

October 5, 2009
7:45pm

It has been more than 4 weeks since may last check-up at Paranaque Doctors Hospital. I consulted another OB with specialization in high-risk pregnancy that time since I was diagnosed with low lying placenta by ultrasound. As usual, I was in panic. I was worried but then after a long prayer where I unburdened all my worries, I felt okay. I have no space for worries for my baby’s sake. I was advised to a strict bed rest for a month. It has been almost a month and my next check-up will be this coming Friday. I hope my baby is okay and that the position of the placenta has changed.



My tummy is bigger. I’m already 19 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I still have so many pimples, naiirita ako tingnan.! I noticed that I already have skin discoloration on certain parts of my body. The good part is I no longer vomit. Yey!

I can’t wait for my next ultrasound because I think the doctor can already see my baby’s gender I hope my baby will be cooperative during that time. We already have a name for the baby if its a boy --- Ram Jerneen Elijah

October 11, 2009
11:15 am

My ultrasound result last October 9, 2009 showed no change on the position of the placenta. It hasn’t moved at all. But, thankfully my baby is okay. He is quite healthy and everything seems to be normal. My hubby wasn’t there with me since he had to be at work. Fortunately, our new house help was there. Anyways, as expected I was advised to another complete bed rest for a month. I was able to chat with other first time moms like me while waiting for our turn at the ultrasound room. They were already in their 6 month and we had the same condition. One mom found out that the placenta of her baby has moved up. Good for her. So, I wasn’t worried too much because there is still a chance that my baby’s placenta will also move. Hoping for that to happen soon… I was also hoping that I will finally find out my baby’s gender, but then the placenta was on the way so the doctor wasn’t able to see anything.

I’m just worried that my leave credits will be depleted soon and that I won’t be able to enroll next semester. Hmmm… Well, I know my hubby and I can manage. We waited for our baby for so long. The important thing is that both me and my baby are safe.


October 22, 2009
10:30 am

Today, I’m 21 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

Month 6: 23-27 wks  Nov. 1-29
Month 7: 28-31 wks  Dec. 6-27
Month 8: 32-35 wks  Jan. 3-24
Month 9: 36-40wks  Jan. 31-Feb. 28

I finished my draft checklist in preparation for our baby and the birth plan. Will have to discuss with my OB the details, what to expect, etc.

What I’ve observe
• Fetal movement – already felt this as early as 18 weeks, I can feel my baby’s movement everyday usually from mid-day until late afternoon
• Increase whitish discharge
• Achiness in the lower abdomen and along the sides
• Bleeding gums
• Faster pulse
• Acne
• Skin discoloration

I think I look heavier, fatter, I guess.
By the way, if our baby is a girl, we thought of naming her JEMIELA MAVOURNEEN.


Nov. 29, 2009
8:00PM

I’m exactly 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant. My day started not so well since the scheduled check-up with my OB did not push through. To think that my husband accompanied me today… sigh! We were informed that Dr. CJ Perez, my OB, attended a convention which will be from Nov. 9-11. We were disappointed and a bit angry because we were not informed in advance at all. Anyway, “para di masayang araw naming”, I convinced my husband that we go to MOA for a 3D ultrasound at the In the Womb Center. We got there before 10:00AM, the center was still closed. When we got there, we were told that the doctor will be in by 2pm. We thought to waste time by watching a movie but then again we were informed that all movies will start in the afternoon. We waited and waited…

But then, when we got back to the center but again… we were disappointed again because the assistant said that she couldn’t reach the OB on-call that afternoon. So, our spirits fell, we were so excited pa naman to learn our baby’s gender. So, we left …

One nice thing though is that we were able to buy our first Christmas tree complete with balls and fillers… We enjoyed setting it up when we got home.


Nov. 16, 2009

Finally, I had my 3D ultrasound at the In the Womb, Mall of Asia branch... We got the package with printed colored snapshot pics and digital copies of the ultrasound. Check out the photos below.



It's a baby Girl!!!

0 comments: