Monday, May 10, 2010

Eco-friendly Nappy

My baby has been using for almost a month a nappy that claims to be 100% biodegradable. I ordered this from a multiply seller. I was so happy to try this out that I ordered 3 packs at once.




From the packaging it says that the "Safeties Nature Nappy" is fabric based and is made from natural materials; 100% biodegradable and complies with international standards. The nappy pack comes with a biodegradable bag.

Since my baby weighs 6kgs. I got the Safeties Nature Nappy infant size (5kg-10kg). One pack contains 32 pcs. of diapers. I wasn't to happy with the nappy. There was nothing fancy about the look of the nappy. However, I did not mind that at all.

Though the packaging states "New and Improved Absorbency and Fit"... well... its exactly the opposite. It doesn't fit well and most of the time my baby's urine leaks. The velcro does not stick properly. Also, the nappy seems to fall off that sometimes whenever I cleaned my baby the dirt is way up his butt. 

I am just disappointed because I thought this was one eco-friendly way that I can help mother earth.  It is not even cheap, the price is almost the same with huggies. Well, I just hope they would find ways to improve this nappy.

5 comments:

MargeValencia said...

thank you for this review of this nappy.. I've been contemplating on buying this..

Unknown said...

Hi, I’m Robert.. new to this space. Can someone help me finda site that offers natural/ eco-friendly baby products?

I’ve found a few sites but not all their products are organic or eco-friendly, and it’s hard to find a site that has cute stuff.

Unknown said...

I’ve bought products from this site, they’re customer service is great and their products are great quality.
http://www.organicbabychick.com/index.php
From their site“furniture is made with FSC certified sustainable woods and environmentally friendly manufacturing practices. Their bedding and towels are made of 100% organic cotton.”

Unknown said...

Thanks for the rec, cool site… I love all of their products!

Unknown said...

me too!