Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Safari Themed Baptism Celebration


Here's my supplier feedback re: my baby's baptism celebration. One thing I forgot though is to assign someone to coordinate during the party kase medyo nangarag ako. I'm so thankful for 'Ate Belle' who helped me with the arrangements.


Church: Shrine of Jesus Parish, near SM MOA
Contact number: 5566175/6; 09189104245

I paid Php2500 for the reservation (inclusive 1 set of godparents) and an additional Php1,800 for the rest of the godparents (Php100 for each godparent).

I decided to hold the baptism on a Sunday since there was no priest available on Saturdays. The church staff will require a copy of the marriage certificate and the birth certificate of the baby. In my case, I submitted only a copy of the birth certificate  and paid the reservation fee since I was still pregnant that time. I submitted a copy of my baby's birth certificate together with the remaining fees a week before the scheduled event.

The church will require you to arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled ceremony. The payment receipt must be given at the church office to claim the baptism kit (candles, ceremony guide and a bib with a cross marking). 

There was no waiting area outside the baptistry room. Sweat was literally dripping on my back. The ceremony proper was quick. Para nga nagmamadali ang pari di na tuloy ako naka retouch hahaha    




Personalized button pins: c/o fellow n@w
Contact: Sheryl Nuarin

I ordered personalized pins for the godparents.




Venue: Congo Grille, SM MOA
The food was delicious. I chose a set menu good for 10 pax. Since I was expecting 80 guests., I ordered 8 sets of the packaged menu. I think na sobrang nasarapan mga guests namin kaya pabalik balik sila sa buffet. Tuloy nagpa additional pa ako. Below is the the breakdown of the expenses:

Set menu (10pax) php3,300 x 8 orders = php26,400
Managed buffet service fee = Php1,700.00
Bottomless drinks = Php1,000.00
Lcd projector rental = Php500.00
Total: Php29,600.00
Additional 3,300.00

Grand Total: Php32,900.00

Congo Grille provided a generic banner, 15 animal clip souvenirs, and 15 stick balloons. I reserved the ground floor of the venue since the supervisor said that the area can accommodate 100pax. However, the area was quite small even for 80pax. There was not enough area for picture taking or games. 

I assumed that the Congo grille staff were already familiar or adept in holding parties/ events. But my assumption was wrong. Another minus was they don't a connector for the audio. In fairness to the staff, they made an effort in attending to our needs. They had no white screen available for the LCD projector. Thankfully, my office mate who helped me in the preps suggested to use a tarpaulin instead.













Cake and Cupcakes:Babybearssecretbakeshop
Contact Person: Charlene Ebersole; babybearsecretbakeshop@yahoo.com

I got a 7" round cake, and 3D and 2D topper cupcakes . Ms. Charlene was very easy to talk to. We mostly communicated via text/email. I just relayed to her the theme of my little girl's baptism celebration. I didn't even see the design but all praises were given by my guests. A plus was that she was very early. Everyone love the souvenir cupcakes and they taste yummy too.






Balloon Decor: Jonaire Balloons

Ms. Rich was easy to talk to. I only ordered table centerpieces and a cake arch. The color combination were very cute. Also, she added props for the balloon decors.






Invites: Labor of love from my hubby

Everyone complimented syempre. Nicely designed.






Souvenir gifts for the godparents: Choco bars from Choclittalk

I communicated with Rico thru text, email and phonecall. He can make adjustments based on your needs. Very professional. The godparents love the bars! Yummy too ^-^





 Front cover design for the choco bar wrappers: Labor of love by my hubby


May pic pa ng baby ko. Very cute.






AVP : Labor of love by my hubby

The AVP was played while everyone were already enjoying their meal. But, I think that not everyone was able to see the AVP well because of its location.


Baby's outfit:


This was from my niece, cute and simple, my baby wore this before the party.



This formal baptismal gown complete with baby cap and shoes was provided by my Aunt.


For my baby's party outfit I bought the top from gingersnaps and then the cute pink tiger print skirt from SM. 


My baby's shoes were from my niece also







Mommy's outfit: white polo dress and belt from the Ramp in Glorietta
Daddy's outfit: Dockers long sleeves polo and Memo maong pants







Pictures and Video: Labor of love by my generous friends
Photos: Alan, Efren, and Gelo
Video: Alex
You may view pics here.


Table Names: Miel's Mommy and Ate Belle ^-^

I just copied pics from the net and then printed it out in plain board paper. Got this idea from a fellow n@w, thanks sis ^-^

I also listed names of confirmed guests with their assigned tables.










Program

I asked a friend to host the party. Below was supposedly the program. But, we decided not to push thru with the games since the venue was small. Also, feeling namin toxic na and it seems everyone enjoyed naman.

MIEL’S CHRISTENING CELEBRATION

Congo Grille Restaurant, Southwing, SM MOA
June 6, 2010, 12:00 noon

PROGRAM

Welcome Guests
Prayer – Erin Lumanta
Pictorial and Lunch (guests will be called per table name for the pictorial beside the cake table and then they may proceed to the buffet area)
AVP – during lunch
Games
Thank you speech from Miel’s daddy and mommy






4 comments:

Aine said...

Hi Sweet,

Thank you sa free ads ng JoAine Balloons... =)

Unknown said...

Yehey! Nakakatuwa naman at talagang pinaghandaan ang binyag ni Miel. She's very blessed to have you as parents... And of course, you're also blessed to have her. We all had a great time. Sa susunod ulit na binyagan. hehehe. Kiss kay inaanak!

Mavie said...

Rich,
Your welcome. ^-^

Ninang Erin,
Tatlong taon din namin to inantay hehehe Salamat sa pagtanggap ng imbitasyon namin para maging ninang ni Miel. Mwah! ^-^

rhea said...

Hi te swit,

Nakakatuwa nmn ang blog mo na i2. it's very informative and educational..two thumbs up!!!! Dami kong natutuhan at nakuhang ideas na pede kong i-apply s binyag ni jewel.. Thanks very much!!! Uugaliin ko ng mgbasa ng blog mo...