Thursday, July 22, 2010

What to wear? For mommies on the budget

Below are just a few tips on shopping for moms on the budget.

For expectant moms:
  1. Buy only essentials like maternity shorts and maternity pants. I would recommend that you buy those with elastic band instead of the pouch type. You can still wear these after giving birth since the post pregnancy fat won't fall off right away. Actually, I only had 1 pair of maternity pants, 2 maternity shorts, and 2 maternity "pedals". I love to dresses, so often I wore dresses when at work. Sometimes I paired my tops with leggings. Minsan lang talaga ako mag pants or leggings kase sobrang naiinitan ako that time hehehe
  2. Nursing bra or maternity bra? Which is which? I suggest that you buy a nursing bra on your 8th month if you plan to breastfeed. If not, you may use any wireless bra that you have in the closet. What I did was that I bought 3 pcs. cheap nursing bras (around 100-300 each). When I started working after I gave birth, I invested on 2 padded nursing bras and a nursing bandeau.    
  3. Buy outfits with stretchable or expandable tummy area. There are many fashionable tops and dresses that you can use even after you are pregnant.  
  4. When I was pregnant, I had dark armpits so I often paired my tubed dresses or sleeveless tops with a cardigan or bolero.



For nursing moms:
  1. You may use a shawl as an alternative nursing cover. Its easier to use rather than buying an expensive nursing cover. I bought a tent-like nursing cover nahirapan naman ako gamitin na walang assistance.
  2. Choose tops wherein you can easily open like buttoned tops, stretchable neckline, tube tops, zip front, etc. There are many available tops that are cheap and at the same time fashionable.
  3. A bandeau is a usefull nursing accessory for low neckline tops.
  4. Invest on good quality nursing bras. You just need to buy 2-3 pcs. since you'll only be wearing these when your out with your baby. You can use the cheaper nursing bras when your at home.  

0 comments: